This position is Full-Time/Season. Typical work hours will be 6am-2:30pm. Equipment Operators will be expected to work every other weekend. Job Summary (Essential Functions) Operate and care for course maintenance equipment and performs related work, as needed, for golf course maintenance. Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to safely operate trucks and light motorized equipment.
- Knowledge of the principles of operation of gasoline engines.
- Knowledge of maintenance tools.
- Working knowledge of and ability to use hand and power tools and other equipment.
- Ability to comprehend and learn tasks associated with golf course construction/maintenance.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Requirements Job Tasks/Duties
- Mows greens, tees, collars, approaches, rough and fairways.
- Aerates greens.
- Operates turf vac, loader-backhoe, fairway and rough aerifier.
- Verticuts tees and greens.
- Spikes greens.
- Assists in daily course set -up. Moves tee markers and change cups; maintains ball washers; replaces tee towels and flags and cleans course hardware when needed.
- Maintains gasoline, oil and other equipment fluid levels daily; reports equipment problems and failures to mechanic or supervisors immediately.
- Maintains maintenance and fluid-use logs (gas and oil) on equipment.
- Ensures that all equipment receives visual pre-operation check list inspection as directed by the Equipment Manager.
- Performs basic preventive maintenance on equipment as directed and returns equipment to designated location at the shop.
- Cleans machinery after each use.
- Inspects machinery after each use.
- Utilizes loaders to remove dirt, debris and other materials.
- Drives a tractor and trailer to haul materials and refuse.
- Operates portable pumps.
- Loads and unloads materials.
- Trims trees and removes cuttings.
- Collects and empties litter cans.
- Cleans gutters, drains and culverts.
- Waters plants.
- Cuts grass, weeds and bushes.
- Rakes leaves.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by supervisor.
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Valid driver’s license.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position.
- Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
- Frequent repetitive motions.
- Continuous standing and walking.
- May need to use some protective equipment, such as a respirator, gloves, earplugs, eye guards/visors, boots and hat.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Some experience working for a landscaping service or grounds crew.